Things we get fixated as a society. Cultural icons, in other words.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Youtube going international

Youtube in Russian and Polish Did you notice how Youtube is showing more and more non-English content? I commonly get Russian, Polish and Japanese on my screen, sometimes at the same time. And believe me, I am not using a Polish browser and definitely did not set my preferences to Russian.

Apart from the annoyance that I cannot read some of the things in front of me, especially when I will start getting Hebrew and Arabic there, I think it is a good thing. I mean English has dominated the Internet long enough. Although from Dallas, TX the world really seems that way, with a bit of Spanish in the background, in reality the world is a multicultural and multi-ethnic place. Isn't it?

No comments: